To gain accurate and reliable data about facial expressions, FaceReader is the most robust automated system that will help you out.
Clear insights into the effect of different stimuli on emotions
Very easy-to-use: save valuable time and resources
Easy integration with eye tracking data and physiology data
Trusted by researchers around the world
FaceReader benefits your work
Many researchers have turned towards using automated facial expression analysis software to better provide an objective assessment of emotions. FaceReader is used worldwide at more than 1,000 universities, research institutes, and companies in many markets, from consumer and psychology research to usability studies.
FaceReader software is fast, flexible, objective, accurate, and easy to use. It immediately analyzes your data (live, video, or still images), saving valuable time. The option to record audio as well as video makes it possible to hear what people have been saying – for example, during human-computer interactions, or while watching stimuli.
Measure emotions with FaceReader
FaceReader is the best automated system for the recognition of specific properties in facial images and expressions. Next to the basic or universal expressions, you can define your own Custom Expressions. Additionally, FaceReader can recognize a 'neutral' state and analyze 'contempt'.
Whether your test participant is a baby, a child, an adult, or an older person, FaceReader adjusts the analysis to the model that best fits your research.
How FaceReader works
- Face finding – Finds a face using a Deep Learning based face finding algorithm
- Face modeling – Makes an accurate artificial face model using almost 500 key points
- Face classification – Classifies the expressions with artificial neural networks
These steps result in outcomes such as basic expressions, custom expressions, head orientation, gaze direction, valence and arousal, Action Units, heart rate and heart rate variability, and consumption behavior.
Accurate emotion classification
According to a validation study using ADFES, FaceReader 9 delivers accurate performance for emotion classification, with an average accuracy of 99% .
FaceReader uses software based licensing to offer you maximum flexibility. To activate the software license key you need an internet connection. Upon activating you can choose between:
- Fixed license - Use the software on a single designated computer. The license is connected to your computer and can be used without an internet connection.
- Floating license - Install the software on any computer and use it where and when you want. For example, on the computer in your lab at work and the next day on your laptop at home. For the use of the software, the computers need to be connected to the internet.